You have no items in your shopping cart.
The two most important dietary needs before, during and after exercise are; Replacing body fluids – for this you need water and electrolytes – and Conserving / Replacing Muscle Glycogen. Although Glycogen is a Carbohydrate, research has shown that the most effective supplement is a 4:1 mixture of Carbohydrate and Protein.
Nutrisport Energy Boost 4:1 has a low protein to carb ratio - at this low level of protein, gastric emptying is not slowed. The quick digestion and absorption of protein provides branched chain amino acids which stops the muscle protein itself being burnt up for energy whilst training. It also increases the insulin response which drives the carbohydrate into the muscles. This blend can provide 24% - 29% greater increase in endurance than carbohydrate only drinks, and 57% greater than water alone.
The protein source is whey protein isolate hydrolysate. This avoids the problem of milkshake texture and reflux, and gives rapid release of intact amino acids, which allows you to replenish your muscles is during the hour after exercise, so that you are fully fit for your next session. This replenishment is important, whether you are an endurance athlete, power athlete, rugby or football player. This is essential if you train or compete more than twice a week.
• Aspartame free - Virtually lactose free GM free and suitable for Vegetarians
• Great Taste – Easily Mixed
• Predigested whey protein isolate contains rapidly assimilated amino acids
• High in Branched Chain Amino Acids which are removed from muscle tissue and converted to glucose during high intensity exercise
• Clear in solution – avoids milk shake texture which upsets the stomach and diverts blood away from muscles, especially during hot weather
Amount Per Serving:
Total Calories: 145